Casablanca comes to The Troxy for Valentine’s Day
January 31, 2013 Posted by pedalo
Iconic movie Casablanca will be turned into a live role-play concept at The Troxy in Whitechapel in February.
Future Cinema Productions is behind the project, which will create an immersive live theatre experience with actors recreating the film. The 1930s cinema will be transformed into Rick’s Café Americain in 1941 Casablanca, a refugee haven for Europeans fleeing the horrors of the Second World War.
Audience members will be able to sing the Marseillaise chorus around Sam’s piano, dine at the Blue Parrot Café, dance along with Benoit Viellefon and his orchestra, and join Ilsa and Rick on their journey of love and tragedy.
The show will be running from February 14th to March 3rd, and tickets can be brought at the Future Cinema website for £25 or £20 for concessions.
Previous productions by Future Cinema have included Bugsy Malone, Ghostbusters and One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.
Posted by Natasha Cox
- Reading Festival set to take Tower Hamlets by storm
- Tower Hamlets women get into business via University scheme
- Young people to celebrate borough’s diversity at free event
- UK’s first e-car club is launched in Tower Hamlets
- George Green students raise £900 for Foodbank